Some of Volunteer ministries at St. Bartholomew’s:
- Vestry: the lay leadership of any Episcopal parish; this also includes our Sr. and Jr. Wardens, Treasurer and Registrar
- Outreach: we offer three to four times each year opportunities to make a difference somewhere in both the local community and throughout the world.
- Choir: Lauren Fisher, our music director and organist, welcomes new voices and talent
- Ladies Guild: meets every other month; special yearly event is the St. Bartholomew’s Fun Night of Bingo and prizes. (Sonja Elgin)
- Altar Guild: behind-the-scenes setting of the Altar for each Sunday, special service and each season, led by Stevie Grimes
- Counters: each Sunday (or soon thereafter) one of more parishioners take the collection, count and enter amount, then deposit that into our account
- Chalice Bearer: serving the chalice at both the 9:00 and 10:30 services (Rev. Linda)
- Readers: reading the lessons for Sunday at both services on a rotating basis (Rev. Linda)
- Acolytes: we depend on our youth and now adults to process with the cross and assist at the Altar. (Maggie Schneider)
- Sunday School: as our program grows, volunteers will be needed to assist in teaching and caring for the toddlers (Maya Fitts, Ann Fitts, Lauren Bray)
- Coffee Hour: we try to have a time of fellowship after the 10:30 service, but need parishioners to make the coffee and offer some sort of light refreshment. (Nancy Row)
- Growth Committee: recently formed to discover and offer ways in which the local communities know of our presence and what we have to share. (Nancy Row and Eric Hale)
- History Committee: after the completion of our bicentennial year, we keep the fires burning through making our own history come alive in a variety of ways.
- Prayer Beads: gathering twice monthly, this ministry makes prayer beads to give to a variety of organizations, including NIH and Montgomery Hospice as wells as visitors. There is a small group meeting weekly to pray the prayer beads. Parishioners may also purchase the beads for family and friends. (Ann Fitts)
- Behind-the-Scenes: we are always looking for people to help with a variety of projects such as fixing broken door handles, keeping the altar cushions clean, assisting the Parish Administrator with copying, the Jr Warden with property and building issues; just about anything anyone can think of.
This may be a small parish, but we have a lot happening. Please consider where you might want to fit!