Some of Volunteer ministries at St. Bartholomew’s:
- Vestry: The lay leadership of any Episcopal parish; this also includes our Sr. and Jr. Wardens, Treasurer and Registrar
- Outreach: We offer three to four times each year opportunities to make a difference somewhere in both the local community and throughout the world.
- Choir: Lauren Fisher, our music director and organist, welcomes new voices and talent
- Ladies Guild: The Ladies Guild meets every other month; special yearly event is the St. Bartholomew’s Fun Night of Bingo and prizes. (Sonja Elgin)
- Altar Guild: The Altar Guild supports a behind-the-scenes setting of the Altar for each Sunday, special services and each season, led by Stevie Grimes
- Counters: Each Sunday (or soon thereafter) one of more parishioners take the collection, count and enter amount, then deposit that into our account
- Blessings: This blessings ministry is vital to the needs of our church family and addresses the short-term needs of our parishioners. Meals are prepared and delivered for example, to families suffering a loss, have an ill or incapacitated family member or are going thru a rough time. Visits are made to hospitals and homes, and transportation is provided to medical appointments, to run errands and church if needed. Cards are sent to our church family who are homebound, sick or those who are grieving. If you are aware of someone who is need, please contact Nancy Row at email@example.com.
- Chalice Bearer: Chalice Bearers serve the chalice at both the 9:00 and 10:30 services (Rev. Linda)
- Readers: Parishioners read the lessons for Sunday at both services on a rotating basis (Rev. Linda)
- Acolytes: We depend on our youth and now adults to process with the cross and assist at the Altar. (Maggie Schneider)
- Sunday School: As our program grows, volunteers will be needed to assist in teaching and caring for the toddlers (Maya Fitts, Ann Fitts, Lauren Bray)
- Coffee Hour: After the 10:30 service there is a coffee hour hosted by a member of the congregation. The schedule is below and all congregants and guests are welcome. It is a time to catch up with your fellow parishioners and meet new visitors. Please come and have coffee and refreshments with us! (Nancy Row)
- Growth Committee: recently formed to discover and offer ways in which the local communities know of our presence and what we have to share. (Nancy Row and Eric Hale)
- History Committee: after the completion of our bicentennial year, we keep the fires burning through making our own history come alive in a variety of ways.
- Prayer Beads: gathering twice monthly, this ministry makes prayer beads to give to a variety of organizations, including NIH and Montgomery Hospice as wells as visitors. There is a small group meeting weekly to pray the prayer beads. Parishioners may also purchase the beads for family and friends. (Ann Fitts)
- Behind-the-Scenes: we are always looking for people to help with a variety of projects such as fixing broken door handles, keeping the altar cushions clean, assisting the Parish Administrator with copying, the Jr Warden with property and building issues; just about anything anyone can think of.
This may be a small parish, but we have a lot happening. Please consider where you might want to fit!